The General Data Protection Regulation, which became effective on May 25, 2018, creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to all companies that process data about individuals in the European Union. The GDPR imposes responsibilities on “data controllers” and “data processors.” A company is a “data controller” when it has the responsibility of determining why and how personal data is processed. A company is a “data processor” when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. The GDPR imposes unique requirements on data controllers and data processors.
RentVision has created this Site for the company associated with this Site, Daniel Management Group. As a result, Daniel Management Group acts as “data controller” for the Site and RentVision acts as “data processor” for the Site. In other words, Daniel Management Group determines what data is collected from the Site and for what purpose and RentVision merely processes and stores such data. RentVision relies on Daniel Management Group’s legal basis for data collection when processing data collected through the Site. Daniel Management Group’s legal basis arises from Daniel Management Group’s need to evaluate and process rental applicants, provide property management services, and to advance Daniel Management Group’s other legitimate interests, as described more fully in Section 2. Daniel Management Group also relies on your consent in some circumstances as the basis for processing your personal information.
This Statement of Privacy is designed to address only RentVision’s data practices with respect to activities conducted via the Site. RentVision may occasionally partner with third parties, such as Google Analytics, in the course of processing data via the Site. RentVision is committed to ensuring that it has appropriate terms in place with such partners so that both RentVision and others comply with their respective requirements under the GDPR.
1. Personal Information Collected
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used via the Site:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of the Site, including the referral source, time of visit, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information that you enter when you register with or use the Site, including your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, and phone number;
- Information relating to any rental applications you submit through the Site, such as your billing address, credit card number, social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, and income;
- Information relating to any calls that you place via the Site, including when you placed the call, the length of the call, the participants on the call, and the content of the call (which may be recorded);
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through the Site;
- Any other personal information that you provide or send to us through the Site.
Note that before you disclose to RentVision the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Statement.
RentVision may, from time to time, appoint third parties to collect the information referenced above so that the information may be used for one or more of the purposes described below. For example, RentVision may appoint Google Analytics to collect data regarding your use of the Site. In such cases, it is third party partners sole responsibility to comply with the GDPR.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
RentVision (and/or RentVision’s third party partners) may use your personal information to perform the following activities on behalf of Daniel Management Group:
- To operate the Site and to personalize the Site to you (see Section 3 for more information);
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of informing you of rental availabilities and/or products or services available from RentVision, Daniel Management Group, or their affiliates;
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of conducting market research, such as by requesting your opinion about current services or potential new services that may be offered;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To provide or deliver services to you; and
- To perform statistical analysis, such as by analyzing the types of services users are interested in and websites and pages users visit.
RentVision may share your personal information with Daniel Management Group, including Daniel Management Group’s employees, officers, or agents; with the property owners of the property promoted on the Site, including their employees, officers, or agents; and with RentVision’s own employees, officers, or agents.
RentVision may also disclose your personal information: (1) to the extent RentVision is required to do so by law (in which case RentVision will take all reasonable precautions and protective measures); (2) to protect and defend the rights or property promoted on the Site; (3) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that RentVision is (or is contemplating) selling; and (4) to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public.
Except as provided in this Statement, RentVision will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
The Site may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Site pages, or register with or provide information to the Site, a cookie helps RentVision to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Site page, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
4. Third Party Advertising and Remarketing
5. Your Rights
At any time, you may instruct RentVision to:
- Provide you with any personal information RentVision holds about you, subject to verification of your identity through the supply of appropriate evidence and subject to the limitation that RentVision may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law;
- Provide you with information regarding Daniel Management Group’s legal basis for collecting, processing, using, and/or sharing your personal information;
- Delete, correct, or update your personal information, subject to verification of your identity through the supply of appropriate evidence;
- Refrain from processing your personal information; and
- Refrain from sending you any communications.
Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of the aforementioned rights.
6. Data Retention Policy
Personal information that RentVision processes or enlists others to process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, and in no event shall such information be kept for more than a reasonable period of time. However, RentVision will retain personal information beyond this time period to the extent it is required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to defend Daniel Management Group’s rights or property.
7. Security of Personal Information
RentVision takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and RentVision cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
RentVision takes special precautions to protect any information you provide pursuant to a rental application by encrypting the application before storing it in a database. In addition, your rental application information is stored in a database that is access controlled. See Section 2 for more information on who RentVision may grant access to your personal information.
The Site is targeted to adults and as such is not meant to attract children. RentVision does not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under thirteen years of age, except in the event of a rental application submitted by an adult applicant that may request information about all individuals who will occupy a rental unit. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under thirteen years of age and believe that your child has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact RentVision so that we may remove the child’s information.
9. Changes to the Statement
RentVision will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback and to ensure compliance with the GDPR. RentVision encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how RentVision is protecting your information.
10. Contact Information
Please direct all privacy-related questions and concerns to the following address:
1001 S. 70th St., Suite 201
Lincoln, Nebraska 68510